Organic, wild forest honey:
- Honey is harvested from Kigosi National Forest Reserve where human activity is restricted by the government. Authorised local bee keepers are required to obtain permits to visit their bee hives occasionally. This ensures a good and friendly environment for bees and high quality organic honey.
- Afrilife control all stages of honey production by training and collecting from local bee keepers who are grouped into local co-operatives to whom we supply beekeeping and harvesting equipment to ensure we get premium quality honey.
- Our experienced staff only buy honey which has passed quality testing using our qualified staff and specialised company facilities.
- We process and pack honey using modern, state of the art equipment and technology and distribute packed honey to wholesalers and retailers ready for selling to consumers.
- Afrilife is certified by the Tanzania Food and Drugs Authority (TFDA) and the Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) and also follow an international standard processing procedure (HACCP).
- We apply modern technology transfer and are proud to have a technical partnership with SAFA HONEY of India who are among the finest honey producers in the world with over 20 years experience.
- We are supported by Connect to Grow, part of a UK development programme.